There are two main techniques used in the Rhinoplasty operation; one is the closed nose technique, the second is the open nose technique. In both, the doctors have to use general anesthesia.
- Closed nose: In this technique, the doctor makes an internal incision between the upper and lower cartilage to hide the cracks inside the nose. This technique takes less time and a faster recovery period.
- Open nose: In this technique, the doctor makes an external incision through a tube. This technique is used in cases of aberrations and obvious deformities.
- People with medical problems in their nose
- People who have malformations in the nose from birth.
- People who have suffered from painful accidents that affected their nose bones or shape.
- People who are exposed to diseases that may lead to erosion or deformity of the nose, such as smallpox and leprosy.
- Patients with certain cancers can affect the nasal base.
- Consult your doctor and do the tests he requests from you.
- Stop smoking for a period of 2weeks – 1 month before doing a Rhinoplasty.
- Do not drink any kind of alcohol before the operation.
- Refrain from taking any blood-thinning medications.
- Take Vitamin C for a period before the operation.
At this stage, the patient should follow the instructions given by the doctor to get the desired results with no complications. Some of these tips are:
- Take the medicines and antibiotics prescribed by your doctor regularly to avoid any infection.
- Use cold water to compress your eyes and nose to reduce the swelling.
- Avoid violent activities until the wound is fully healed.
- Eat plenty of fiber-rich foods such as vegetables and fruits.
- Keep your head up for a few weeks after the operation.
The patient that is going for the Rhinoplasty gets general anesthesia then the doctors make the incisions using one of the two techniques based on the patient.
This stage is considered the main stage of the Rhinoplasty process. The doctors reshape the bones and cartilage of the nose as agreed upon with the patient before the operation.
Correction of the nose shape
In this stage, the doctor closes the incisions made and installs the nasal splint. Then all the patient has to do is to wait for the results.