GASTRIC BALLOON OPERATION
Many people are obese and wish to have gastric balloon surgery, but gastric balloon surgery is not for everyone. The candidates for the procedure are listed below:
There are some tips and procedures to follow before undergoing to gastric balloon operation, which is summarized as follows:
- Stop eating and fast for four hours before the gastric balloon operation.
- The person must inform the doctor of his/her medical history, whether they suffer from any particular disease or are taking certain medications.
- Making the necessary radiography to ensure the safety of the person, and that she/he is a proper candidate for gastric balloon operation.
- Avoid having any sort of blood thinners, such as vitamin combinations, alcohol, and green tea.
- Stop smoking for a week before undergoing the gastric balloon operation.
Some instructions are dictated by the doctor, and the person must follow them to get to the desired results from gastric balloon operation Some of the instructions are:
- A certain diet is recommended to be followed after the gastric balloon operation.
- Drink plenty of water before and after meals when the gastric balloon has been entered into the stomach.
- Continue to avoid smoking, at least during the period when the gastric balloon has been entered into the stomach.
- Get the necessary painkillers which were dictated by the doctor in case of discomfort.
- Avoid carrying heavy objects or doing hard work during the period when the gastric balloon has been entered into the stomach.
STAGES OF GASTRIC BALLOON OPERATION
Gastric balloon operation is performed through some simple steps and stages, which are as follows:
First Stage: Clinical Examination
The doctor examines excess fat masses and determines how much fat mass should be reduced. He also identifies the results which are desired by the person who is due to undergo a gastric balloon operation.
Second Stage: Patient Preparation
Make Your Appointment
Mon – Fri
Sat – Sun