GASTRIC SLEEVE OPERATION
Not everyone who wants to undergo gastric sleeve surgery is eligible, as some people have certain qualities that enable them to undergo Gastric Sleeve surgery.
- The person who suffers from obesity and corpulence.
- The person who suffers from a fat mass that exceeds 35 kg of normal weight.
- The person must have good health and be free of any health problems that may hinder Gastric Sleeve surgery.
- The person who is due to undergo Gastric Sleeve surgery should be between 18 and 65 years old.
- The person must be free of stomach diseases that hinder the operation, such as stomach ulcers or gastritis.
The advice and instructions dictated by the doctor must be followed before Gastric Sleeve surgery in order to reach the desired result, such as:
- Avoid eating completely for about 5 hours before Gastric Sleeve surgery.
- Avoid having stimulants such as; caffeine and Arabic coffee because they make it difficult to respond to the process of anesthesia.
- Avoid medications that cause blood thinning, such as Ibuprofen.
- Get used to exercises for a certain time before the surgery.
- Avoid having food that is high in calories or saturated with fat.
- Drink plenty of water before the Gastric Sleeve operation.
- Avoid smoking for a month before Gastric Sleeve surgery.
- Stop having any sort of blood thinners, such as green tea and vitamin combinations, for they contain vitamin E to avoid bleeding during the operation.
There are some tips after the Gastric Sleeve surgery that the person must be followed, in order to get the best results. They are summarized as follows:
- The person should drink plenty of water after Gastric Sleeve surgery.
- Stay away from drinks that contain gas or sugar.
- It is recommended to have nutritional supplements that contain vitamins and calcium for a month after the operation.
- Continue to avoid smoking for two months after the operation, for it reduces oxygen rate in the blood, needed for convalescent and recovery.
- Follow a healthy diet determined by a nutritionist to get healthy and balanced food that contains proteins.
- Drink fluids exclusively, only in the first week.
- It is recommended to exercise two weeks after the Gastric Sleeve operation.
STAGES OF GASTRIC SLEEVE OPERATION
The person undergoes some safe and simple stages and steps for the Gastric Sleeve operation to be done, which are summarized as follow:
First Stage: Clinical Examinations
The doctor examines the body of the person who is due to undergo a Gastric Sleeve operation and determines the size of the stomach be removed, according to the person’s weight.
Second Stage: Anesthesia Stage
The Anesthesiologist provides general anesthesia to the person so that the patient does not feel any pain at all.
Third Stage: Conducting of Gastric Sleeve Operation
The doctor makes a small and very simple incision in the stomach where the endoscope is inserted through it to remove part of the stomach.
Gastric Sleeve surgery takes between 45-75 min. Some patients are allowed to leave the hospital on the same day of the operation. However, there are cases where the patient must stay for two days in the hospital.
Make Your Appointment
Mon – Fri
Sat – Sun