Everyone would like to get rid of the excess sweat, but unfortunately, Botox injections are not suitable for everyone. Candidates for Botox injections under the armpit are:
- Patients who are over 18 years old.
- Patients who suffer from excessive sweat which cannot be eliminated by any other treatment methods.
- The patient should have no skin diseases that might hinder Botox injection, such as, allergies or eczema.
Before undergoing Botox injection under the armpit, some important instructions should be followed:
- Avoid shaving the armpit area for two or three days before performing Botox injections.
- To avoid bruising, stop taking the medications that cause blood thinning, such as aspirin and ibuprofen, for at least two days before Botox injections.
- Stop taking any type of blood thinners, such as; group vitamins, alcohol, and green tea.
- Tell the doctor about all the medications you take, which might hinder the Botox injections under the armpit.
- Do allergy tests to make sure that your skin is not sensitive to Botox.
- Carry out certain skin tests to ensure that the person does not suffer from any skin diseases that hinder Botox injection.
- Stop smoking for a week before undergoing Botox injections under the armpit because it affects blood oxygen.
After undergoing Botox injections under the armpit, you should follow some instructions which your doctor recommends for ensuring the best results:
- Avoid touching the armpit area for 24 hours after Botox injection.
- Stop smoking for two weeks after performing Botox injections.
- Use moisturizing creams on the armpit area, prescribed by the doctor, to avoid skin redness after Botox injections.
- Drink plenty of water to help improve blood circulation.
- Take the necessary painkillers prescribed by the doctor to avoid feeling pain.
ARMPIT BOTOX INJECTION STAGES
With a few simple steps, the doctor injects Botox into the armpit area. Here are the steps in detail:
- Clinical examination: The doctor examines the area under the armpit, determining the number of injections the body needs to reduce the sweat secretion.
- Doing the necessary tests: Skin tests are carried out to make sure that the skin is not sensitive to Botox and does not have any health diseases that hinder Botox injections.
- Preparing the patient: The medical team sterilizes the area under the armpit and puts a local anesthetic cream to prevent the person from feeling pain.
- Botox injections: The doctor injects Botox into the armpit area. Usually, the session lasts from 5 to 10 minutes.